Sunday, May 20, 2012

It has been a long time . . .

Oh. It has been a long time since I've posted anything here. Perhaps you already know that our grandson died back in January. We lost him 4 days after his 7th birthday. So, nobody's had much to say.


I'll just repeat here what I posted back on u-lo-g.com:

While hospitalized in Ft. Worth, Liam recognized that he had many things to be thankful for. His first idea was to send bananas for the kids who needed food. His dad cautioned that might pose some transport problems. In looking for a way to help he learned that many kids don't even have clean water. At his request, friends donated to The Water Project and water wells have already been dug to provide water for kids (and adults) in Western Kenya.  To continue this effort Liam opened a new project called Liam's Friends and the total is now 4 wells (5/17/2012).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard the banana transport aspect of this story! Thanks for sharing it.

Haven't had the opportunity to communicate with you directly until now, but we're about the same age, and you and Sandy have often been in my thoughts.

Your son is such a remarkable human being. His presence-at-a-distance, so to speak, has been inspiring to me in my situation even as he's been going through his

ulogtwo said...

Thank you Paul. We've certainly enjoyed the letters from Mr. Dragon. I know that Matt has valued your friendship and support.
Hope you get to see this as I've basically moved over to Good4Abilene.com instead. But I had a post that I thought would fit better here. Actually I may never post it, but when I came here to work on it I found your comment. Thanks again for the comment and support you've given our family.