Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just the two of us . . .

Tonight I've been checking to see how many others share my interest in books, movies and various other items listed in profiles. I'd guess that a statistician could gather a barnful in such a pursuit.

For instance, do any other old guys list No Good in Art? ANSWER: Nope. Just me and a young art teacher. This is a book I've read to several first grade classes. I love the affirmating nature of the new art teacher. I've got to admit that while I want to be affirming, my first reaction to almost anything is to point out the problems. I enjoy the ballerina's multiple images to demonstrate movement. And, hey, I like pizza.

Who else likes DAVE? Apparently, the LONE RANGER does. And almost 1,000 other folks. I tried political life as a school board member. I learned that I didn't like it. So why do I still think about running for office occasionally?

Does anyone else in the world even care about How I raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling? ANSWER: Two dozen. The Southwestern Company introduced us the summer I sold bibles door to door. Have you ever heard of Carrollton, Georgia? That was my home for the summer. I learned all kinds of things from that experience. Frank Bettger's book is great. It is filled with practical advice from his own experience. I've been so impressed by this stuff that I've tried several sales jobs even though I've never had much success in that industry.

It's a Wonderful Life ranks higher than The Sound of Music. Both pull in over 12,000 folks. By contrast, Spiderman pulls in over 20,000 and Star Wars yanks over 75,000. I'd think that nearness in time would be a factor except for Star Wars being so much older than Spiderman. My connections to Spidey go back to the era of 12 cent comic books.

Maybe we could start a new fad, checking blogger profiles to see if we've listed interests that only one other person shares.

No comments: